Premier Li Keqiang has signed and approved the State Council's "Program for Optimizing Port Business Environment for Promoting Cross-border Trade Facilitation" (hereinafter referred to as "Program of Work") to promote the stable and healthy development of foreign trade.
The Work Programme fully implements the spirit of the 19th National Congress of the CPC and the Second and Third Plenary Sessions of the 19th Central Committee of the CPC. Guided by Xi Jinping's thought of socialism with Chinese characteristics in the new era, it further advances the reform of "release of control and uniform", innovates the international advanced standards, innovates the supervision methods, optimizes the customs clearance process, improves the efficiency of customs clearance and reduces the cost of customs clearance. To create a stable, fair, transparent and predictable port business environment.
The Work Programme defines 20 specific measures around "reducing documents, optimizing procedures, raising time limit and reducing costs". In the aspect of reducing documents, according to the requirement of "withdrawing from the ports for checking those that can be cancelled, merged, merged or withdrawn from the ports for checking", the number of supervision documents checked in the import and export links has been reduced from 86 to 48 by November 1, this year. Except for special circumstances such as security and confidentiality requirements, all supervision documents will be verified by the end of 2020. Now online declaration, online processing. In the aspect of "excellent process", we should deepen the reform of national customs clearance integration, promote the one-off joint inspection of customs, frontier inspection and maritime affairs, comprehensively promote "double random and one open" supervision, expand from general supervision to all law enforcement areas such as routine inspection, and popularize and apply the "advance declaration" mode to arrive at ports for non-controlled inspection of goods. It will then be released and withdrawn; it will push forward the reform of tariff guarantee insurance; it will carry out the "prior release and post-test" of imported mineral products and other large resources commodities; and it will promote the third-party credit system. In the aspect of time limitation, we should promote the electronic logistics information and intelligent port inspection, improve the efficiency of port logistics service and inspection preparation, speed up the construction of multi-modal public information platform, innovate the customs clearance management mode at border ports, and speed up the opening of the "green channel" for rapid clearance of agricultural and sideline products. The application rate of the "single window" in international trade will reach 80% by the end of 2018 and 100% by the end of 2020. By the end of 2021, the overall clearance time was half as much as that in 2017. In terms of "cost reduction", international cooperation in customs clearance and transportation at ports should be strengthened, service charges for port operations should be cleared and standardized, and the administrative and institutional fee list management system should be strictly implemented. No new fee items involving import and export links should be set up without the approval of the State Council. The list of port fee lists should be made public before the end of October this year. . Open customs clearance process and logistics operation time limit, establish port clearance clearance assessment mechanism. By the end of 2020, the compliance cost of container import and export links had been cut by half in 2017.
The Work Programme stresses the need to strengthen organizational leadership, clarify the steps and deadlines for the implementation of various tasks, strengthen the implementation of responsibilities, strengthen collaboration and cooperation, rationally arrange progress, and ensure the implementation of various tasks in place.
State Council on printing and optimizing port business environment
Notification of work plan for facilitating cross border trade facilitation
Guo Fa  37
The people's governments of all provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the central government, ministries and commissions under the State Council, and institutions directly under the State Council:
We are now issuing to you the Work Plan on Optimizing the Port Business Environment for Promoting Cross-border Trade Facilitation. Please implement it conscientiously.
The State Council
October 13, 2018
(published in public)
Optimizing the port business environment and promoting cross border trade facilitation programme
In order to implement the decision-making and deployment of the CPC Central Committee and the State Council, deepen the reform of "release uniforms", further optimize the port business environment, implement higher-level cross-border trade facilitation measures, and promote the stable and healthy development of foreign trade, this work programme is formulated.
I. General requirements
(1) guiding ideology.
We should fully implement the spirit of the 19th National Congress of the Party and the 2nd and 3rd Plenary Session of the 19th Central Committee of the Party, take Xi Jinping's thought of socialism with Chinese characteristics in the new era as a guide, comprehensively promote the overall layout of the "five-in-one" and coordinately promote the strategic layout of the "four-in-all", adhere to the overall coordination of work in a stable and progressive manner in accordance with the decision-making arrangements of the Party Central Committee and the State Council. We should adhere to the new concept of development, deepen the reform of "release uniforms", improve international advanced standards, innovate supervision methods, optimize customs procedures, improve customs clearance efficiency, reduce customs costs, and create a stable, fair, transparent and predictable port business environment.
(two) basic principles.
Decentralization, reform and innovation. We should further reduce the items for examination and approval in the import and export links, standardize the examination and approval activities, optimize and simplify the customs clearance process, cancel unnecessary supervision requirements, clear up unreasonable charges, and speed up the improvement of cross-border trade management system in line with the requirements of China's economic and social development.
Benchmarking international is efficient and convenient. We should make full use of information and intelligent means to improve law enforcement and logistics efficiency. Drawing on the international experience, we should establish a port business environment assessment mechanism which is in line with the actual port management in China and is comparable to international practices.
Goal oriented, collaborative governance. Give full play to the role of the joint inter-ministerial meeting system of the Port Work Department of the State Council, strengthen the cooperation and cooperation of all relevant departments and localities, find out the shortcomings that restrict the continuous optimization of the port business environment, and start from the actual needs of enterprises and society, concentrate on reducing the overall customs clearance time and reducing the cost of import and export compliance.
(three) work objectives.
By the end of 2018, the number of regulatory documents required to be inspected at the import and export links will be reduced by more than one-third compared with 2017. In addition to special circumstances such as security and confidentiality requirements, all of them will be verified on-line and the overall customs clearance time will be reduced by one-third. By the end of 2020, the compliance cost of container import and export links had been cut by half in 2017. By the end of 2021, the overall customs clearance time will be reduced by half compared with 2017, and the World Bank's cross-border trade facilitation index will be upgraded by 30 places. The modernization of port governance system and governance capacity will be achieved initially, and a more dynamic, more efficient, more open and more convenient port business environment will be formed.
Two, work tasks
(1) simplify administration and decentralization, and reduce the import and export links.
1. streamlining regulatory documents for import and export. Cancellation of a number of regulatory documents for import and export links can withdraw from all inspection of ports. By November 1, 2018, the number of regulatory documents required to be checked in the import and export links has been reduced to 48; in addition to special circumstances such as security and confidentiality requirements, all of them are connected through various forms and checked in the customs clearance links. (relevant departments are responsible for division of responsibilities)
2. optimize the procedures for handling regulatory documents. In addition to security and confidentiality needs and other special circumstances, by the end of 2020, all regulatory certificates will be online declaration and online processing. (relevant departments are responsible for division of responsibilities)
(two) intensify reform and optimize port customs clearance process and operation mode.
3., deepen the reform of national customs clearance integration. We will promote customs, border inspection and maritime joint inspection. The Customs directly uses the data of market supervision, commerce and other departments to register the consignees and consignees of import and export goods. We should strengthen the sharing of information on railway and promote the paperless customs clearance of railway transport goods. By the end of 2018, the customs and inspection and quarantine business will be fully integrated to achieve the "five unification": unified declaration documents, unified operating system, unified risk research and judgment, unified orders issued, unified on-site law enforcement. (Under the leadership of the General Administration of Customs, the Ministry of Commerce, the General Administration of Market Supervision, the Immigration Bureau, the Ministry of Transportation, the Civil Aviation Administration and the China Railway Corporation are responsible for the division of responsibilities)
4., we should comprehensively promote "double random and one open" supervision. From the general supervision of import and export goods to the routine inspection, bonded inspection and bonded goods supervision and other areas of law enforcement. We should promote the separation of the whole chain from "selecting, checking and locating" to enhance the efficiency of "double random" supervision. (Customs General Department takes the lead and the relevant departments are responsible for the division of responsibilities)
5. promote the application of "advance declaration" mode. Increase the proportion of "advance declaration" of imported goods, encourage enterprises to adopt "advance declaration", handle document examination and cargo transportation operations in advance, and release and depart the goods after they arrive at the port under non-distributed control. (led by the General Administration of customs, the civil aviation authority and the China Railway Corporation are responsible for the division of duties)
6. innovate customs revenue collection and management mode. We will comprehensively innovate and diversify tax guarantees, promote the reform of tariff guarantee insurance, and explore the implementation of the pilot reform of guarantees for financial companies and financing guarantee companies of enterprise groups. We will comprehensively promote the horizontal networking of treasury and Treasury, and speed up the paperless reform of tax bills. The Customs General Administration, the Banking Regulatory Commission, the Ministry of finance, the people's Bank of China and the State Administration of taxation are responsible for the division of duties.
7. optimize the inspection and quarantine work. Reduce the number of inspection items before shipment for bilateral agreements. We should carry out the inspection and supervision of the large quantity of resource commodities such as imported minerals and so on. Innovating inspection and quarantine methods, and applying on-site rapid detection technology to further shorten the inspection and quarantine cycle. (responsible for General Administration of Customs)
8., popularizing the third party's credit collection system. Introduce the market competition mechanism, play the role of social inspection and testing institutions, promote the third-party inspection and testing results acceptance system in the import and export links. (Customs General Department takes the lead and the relevant departments are responsible for the division of responsibilities)
(three) enhance the efficiency of customs clearance and improve the efficiency of port logistics service.
9., improve the efficiency of inspection preparation. Through the "single window" and the port electronic data exchange (EDI) center and other information platforms, the inspection notice is pushed to the import and export enterprises and the port operation yards and stations to enhance the predictability of customs clearance time limit. Before the inbound means of transport arrive at the port, the port inspection unit shall conduct on-line examination and verification of the declared electronic data and give timely feedback to the stations, wharfs and shipping agents. (Ministry of transport, General Administration of customs, immigration bureau, China Railway Corporation is responsible for division of duties)
10. accelerate the development of multimodal transport. Study and formulate multimodal transport service rules. We will speed up the construction of public information platforms for multimodal transport, strengthen the opening and sharing of information among departments such as transportation, customs and market supervision, and provide enterprises with one-stop comprehensive information services such as qualification, certification, inspection and quarantine, customs clearance and inspection, and credit evaluation. Promote the exchange and sharing of logistics information on transit, manifest, waybill, loading and unloading of foreign trade container cargo, and provide full-course tracking and real-time inquiry services. By the end of 2019, the main ports along the coast and the main Yangtze River have exchanged and shared the information of hot metal intermodal transportation. By the end of 2020, a multimodal public information platform was basically built. (The Ministry of Transport, the Development and Reform Commission, the Ministry of Commerce and the China Railway Corporation take the lead, and the relevant departments such as the General Administration of Customs, the General Administration of Market Supervision and Administration, the Civil Aviation Administration are responsible for the division of responsibilities)
11. innovate frontier port customs clearance management mode. We will promote the construction and sharing of co-regulatory facilities with neighboring countries and regions, promote the coordination of work systems and customs models, and support innovative customs management models at land border ports. More convenient customs clearance measures will be implemented at the adjacent port of Hong Kong and Macao, and the "one-stop passenger and freight car clearance" mode will be promoted at the ports where conditions permit. (Under the leadership of the people's governments of the relevant provinces and autonomous regions, the Ministry of Transport, the General Administration of Customs and the Immigration Bureau shall be responsible for the division of responsibilities)
12. speed up the clearance of fresh commodities. Under the premise of controllable risk, we should optimize the inspection and quarantine process of fresh products and speed up customs clearance. Summarize and popularize the cooperation experience, determine the list of fresh agricultural and sideline products with neighboring countries, speed up the opening of the "green channel" for rapid clearance of agricultural and sideline products. (The General Administration of Customs, the Ministry of Transport, the Immigration Bureau and the people's governments of provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the Central Government are responsible for the division of responsibilities)
(four) strengthen the application of science and technology to enhance the intellectualization level of port management informatization.
13., strengthen the "single window" construction of international trade. The "single window" function will be covered to customs special supervision areas and cross-border e-commerce comprehensive pilot areas and other relevant areas, docking the national version of cross-border e-commerce online integrated service platform. We will strengthen cooperation and docking between the "single window" and banks, insurance, civil aviation, railways, ports and other relevant industries to jointly build a large cross-border trade data platform. We should popularize the "one sheet and multiple reports" of international sailing vessels, and achieve the whole process of entry and exit customs clearance without paper. By the end of 2018, the application rate of major business (declaration of cargo, manifest and means of transport) will reach 80%; by the end of 2020, it will reach 100%; by the end of 2021, the "single window" function will cover the whole chain of international trade management and create a "one-stop" trade service platform, in addition to the special needs of security and confidentiality. (Under the leadership of the General Administration of Customs, the relevant departments shall be responsible for the division of duties, with the cooperation of the people's governments of the provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the Central Government)
14., promote port logistics information electronization. To formulate and improve the standards of electronic data exchange messages for container and vehicle cargo transport in different modes of transport, and promote their application in port inspection units and transport enterprises. To realize the paperless and electronic cargo handling, warehousing and tallying, customs declaration, logistics and transportation, cost settlement and other links in the port yard. Promote the electronic exchange of bills of lading by sea, enterprises will no longer submit paper bills of lading or bills of lading at the customs declaration stage. By the end of June 2019, electronic customs supervision of container yard for internal and external trade will be realized. By the end of 2019, information such as ocean bill of lading, bill of lading and packing list will be transferred electronically between customs and enterprises on major ocean shipping routes. (The General Administration of Customs, the Ministry of Transport, the Civil Aviation Administration and the China Railway Corporation shall be responsible for the division of duties, with the cooperation of the people's governments of the provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the Central Government)
15. enhance the intelligence level of port inspection. Increase the application of empty container detector, high-definition vehicle bottom detection system, safety intelligent lock and other equipment, improve the equipment allocation rate of individual operations. We should expand the pilot work of "pre computer inspection" and "intelligent identification", and increase the proportion of direct release after machine inspection. By the end of 2021, all large container inspection equipment networks have been centralized. (customs and Immigration Department is responsible for division of duties)
(five) improve the management system and promote the openness and transparency of port business environment.
16., strengthen international cooperation in port clearance and transportation. We will accelerate the drafting and revision of bilateral and multilateral agreements on international transport and promote cooperation with relevant countries in technical standards, documentary rules and data exchange. Expand the international mutual recognition scope of Customs "certified operators" (AEO), support and guide enterprises to obtain certification. By the end of 2020, mutual recognition of AEO has been implemented with all the "one belt and one way" national customs with established AEO system. Accelerate the implementation of the inspection and quarantine certificate international network verification, focusing on promoting the signing of an electronic certificate cooperation agreement with the European Union, by the end of 2021, with all countries that have signed an electronic certificate cooperation agreement and have information systems to achieve network verification. (Ministry of transport, General Administration of customs and market supervision department are responsible for division of duties)
17. reduce the cost of import and export compliance. Strictly implement the administrative fee list management system, without the approval of the State Council, no new fee items involving import and export links may be set up. Clean up and standardize port operating service charges, and strictly enforce the prescribed standards for pricing by the real government; supervise and urge the charging enterprises to implement the relevant provisions for implementing market price adjustment, and not add other charges in violation of regulations. Encourage competition, break monopoly, and promote the reduction of service charges for customs declaration, freight forwarding, shipping, logistics, warehousing, port services and other links. We should strengthen inspections and investigate and punish all kinds of illegal and illegal charging behaviors according to law. By the end of 2018, the compliance cost of single container import and export links was reduced by more than US $100 over 2017. (Led by the Ministry of Finance, the relevant departments, such as the Ministry of Transport, the Development and Reform Commission, the General Administration of Customs, the General Administration of Market Supervision, the Ministry of Commerce, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, shall be responsible for the division of their duties, with the cooperation of the people's governments of the provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the Central Government)
18. implementing the list system of port charges list. Establishment of price, market supervision, commerce, transportation, port management, inspection and other units jointly participate in the supervision and management of port charges coordination mechanism. Before the end of October 2018, there will not be any charges outside the list of list of port charges. We should strengthen industry management and industry self-discipline, and guide port operation and service enterprises to operate in good faith and make reasonable pricing. (responsible for the people's governments of all provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the central government)
19. open customs clearance process and logistics operation time limit. To formulate and publicize the customs clearance process and the operating time limit standards for on-site transshipment, transfer of hanging boxes, removal of boxes and cargo boxes of port operation and service enterprises, so as to facilitate enterprises to rationally arrange production and formulate transportation plans. Publish the customs clearance service hotline at the port inspection unit, and smooth feedback channels for complaints. (People's governments of provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the Central Government take the lead and the Ministry of Transport, the General Administration of Customs and Immigration Bureau cooperate)
20., establish a time limit assessment mechanism for customs clearance. Strengthen the statistical analysis of the overall customs clearance time, monthly notification of the provinces (autonomous regions, municipalities directly under the Central Government) the overall customs clearance time. The third party assessment of port clearance is carried out, and the assessment results are released to the public at a timely time. The time and cost of customs clearance for all provinces (autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the Central Government) were included in the national business environment assessment system, and the evaluation index and method were scientifically set up, and the normalized evaluation mechanism was initially established. (Customs General Administration, development and Reform Commission, development research center are responsible for division of responsibilities)
Three. Organization and Implementation
(1) strengthening organization and leadership.
Give full play to the role of the joint inter-ministerial meeting system of the State Council Port Work, clarify the implementation steps and deadlines for the completion of various tasks, coordinate and solve major issues in the process of implementation. The joint conference office should strengthen policy research and coordination, and timely report to the State Council on major issues. The work of optimizing the commercial environment at ports shall be brought into the scope of supervision by the State Council, the results of supervision and assessment shall be published to the public, and the areas and departments that are not propelled well shall be held accountable.
(two) strengthen the implementation of responsibilities.
The relevant departments should conscientiously implement the responsibility of task-taking and cooperation, strengthen cooperation and cooperation, rationally arrange the progress, ensure that the tasks have measures, can be implemented, can be quantified, and speed up the amendment and revision of the laws and regulations involved in the reform measures. The people's governments of all provinces (autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the Central Government) should strengthen their leadership and overall coordination in the work of optimizing the commercial environment at ports in the region, study and formulate supporting measures, intensify policy publicity, establish and improve supervision and assessment mechanisms, and ensure that all tasks are carried out in place.
Source: Chinese government website